Auto-Generated Coupon Codes
Batches of discount coupon codes can be formatted and generated automatically. Coupon codes
can also be exported, and incorporated into other applications. For example, you might use a
series of auto-generated coupon codes to produce printed coupons with unique codes.
1. On the Admin menu, select System > Configuration. Then in the panel on the left under
Customers, select Promotions.
2. Click to expand the Auto Generated Specific Coupon Codes section.
To configure auto-generated codes:
3. To create a specific format for your codes, enter the following:
- Code Length
- Code Format
- Code Prefix
- Code Suffix
- Dash Every X Characters
4. When complete, click the Save Config button.
These settings can be overridden from the Shopping Cart Price Rule page.
To generate a batch of coupon codes:
1. On the Admin menu, select Promotions > Shopping Cart Price Rules.
2. Select an existing rule, or create a new one.
3. Set Coupon to “Specific Coupon.” Then, do the following:
a. Select the Use Auto Generation checkbox.
b. Complete the other rule settings as needed.
4. Click the Save and Continue Editing button.
5. In the panel on the left, select Manage Coupon Codes. Then, do the following:
a. In the Coupon Qty field, enter the number of codes to be generated.
b. Adjust the code format settings, as needed.
c. Click the Generate button.
The generated coupon codes appear below. The list shows how many times each coupon code
has been used.
To delete coupon codes:
1. In the list, select the checkbox of each code that you want to delete.
2. Set the Actions control to “Delete.”
3. Click the Submit button. When prompted, click OK to confirm.
To export coupon codes:
1. In the list of generated codes, use the filter controls at the top of each column to display the
codes that you want to export.
2. Set Export to to the file format that you want to use for the data file.
3. Click the Export button.