Create a Customer Account
Customers usually create their own accounts from your store. However, you can also create
customer accounts directly from the Admin, which is useful when customers order by phone.
To create a new customer account:
1. On the Admin menu, select Customers > Manage Customers.
2. Click the Add New button.
3. In the Associate to Website list, select one of the following:
- Main Website
You can associate a customer with the Admin website to require that orders are placed only
from the store Admin. Customers associated with the Admin website cannot log in to their
accounts from the store.
4. Assign the customer to a Customer Group.
5. Complete the remaining customer information.
6. In the Password Management section, do one of the following
- Manually assign a password.
- Select the Send auto-generated password checkbox. The new password is generated after
the customer information is saved.
7. When complete, click the Save Customer button.
To add a new address to a customer account:
1. On the Admin menu, select Customers > Manage Customers. Then, click to open the
2. In the panel on the left, select Addresses. Then, do the following:
a. To add a new address, click the Add New Address and complete the information.
b. To assign a Default Address check either the Default Billing Address or Default Shipping
Address as needed.
3. When complete, click the Save Customer button.