Cron (Scheduled Tasks)
Magento performs some operations on schedule by periodically running a script. You can
control the execution and scheduling of Magento cron jobs from the Admin of your store. Store
operations that run according to a cron schedule include:
- Email (Transactional and any other email sent from the store.)
- Catalog Price Rules
- Google Sitemap Generation
- Customer Alerts and Notifications
- Currency Rate Updates
- Log Cleanup
Make sure that the secure and unsecure base URLs for the store are set correctly, so the
generated URLs are correct. To learn more, see: Setting Up Cron Jobs.
To configure cron:
1. On the Admin menu, select System > Configuration. T hen in the panel on the left under
Advanced, select System.
2. Click to expand the Cron section.
3. Enter the number of minutes for each of the following:
- Generate Schedules Every
- Schedule Ahead for
- Missed if not Run Within
- History Cleanup Every
- Success History Lifetime
- Failure History Lifetime
4. When complete, click the Save Config button.