The Default Pages configuration determines the landing page that is associated with the base
URL, and the corresponding CMS home page. It also determines which CMS page appears
when a “404 Page Not Found” error occurs, and if a breadcrumb trail appears at the top of CMS
To configure the default pages:
1. On the Admin menu, select System > Configuration.
2. If necessary, set Current Configuration Scope in the upper-left corner to the store view where
the setting applies.
3. In the panel on the left under General, select Web.
4. Click to expand the Default Pages section. Then, do the following:
a. In the Default Web URL field, enter the relative path to the folder in the Magento
installation that contains the landing page. The default value is “cms.”
For a specific store view, clear the Use Default checkbox next to the Default Web URL field,
and any other default fields to be changed.
b. Set CMS Home Page to the CMS page to be used as the home page.
c. In the Default No-route URL field, enter the relative path to the folder in the Magento
installation where the page is redirected when a “404 Page Not Found” error occurs. The
default value is “cms/index/noRoute.”
d. Set CMS No Route Page to the CMS page that appears when a “404 Page Not Found”
e. Set CMS No Cookies Page to the CMS page that appears when cookies are disabled in the
f. If you want a breadcrumb trail to appear at the top of all CMS pages, set Show
Breadcrumbs for CMS Pages to “Yes.”
5. When complete, click the Save Config button.