Data for all product types can be imported into the store, with the exception of bundle and
downloadable products. In addition, you can import customer data, and product images.
During the validation process, all items are verified, including:
To import customer or product data:
1. On the Admin menu, select System > Import/Export > Import. Then, do the following:
a. Set Entity Type to one of the following:
b. Set Import Behavior to the way you want complex data to be managed if imported records
already exist in the database.
- Complex data for products includes categories, websites, custom options, tier prices,
related products, up-sells, cross-sells, and associated products data.
- Complex data for customers includes addresses.
c. Choose one of the following options:
Append Complex Data The new complex data will be added to the existing complex
data for the existing entries in the database.
The existing complex data for the existing entities will be
Delete Entities If entities that are imported already exist in the database,
they will be deleted from the database.
d. At the Select File to Import field, click the Choose File button. Then, select the CSV file
that you have prepared for import.
2. Click the Check Data button in the upper-right corner of the page. The system validates the
file. If the file is valid, the corresponding message and the Import button appear. If some of the
rows in the imported file are not valid and cannot be imported, the corresponding information
is included to the message, but you can proceed with importing. The invalid rows will be
3. If needed, make corrections to the CSV file.
4. Click the Import button to import the data into the database.