Invoice an Order
An invoice is a record of the receipt of payment for an order. Creating an invoice for an order
converts the temporary sales order into a permanent record of the order, which cannot be
canceled. A new invoice page looks similar to a completed order page, with some additional
fields that can be edited. Every activity that is related to an order is noted in the Comments
section of the invoice.
Multiple invoices can be created for a single order, and each can include as many or as few of
the purchased products that you specify. Invoices can be generated for a single order, or for a
batch of orders. The payment method determines which invoicing options can be used for the
order. For payment methods with Payment Action set to “Authorize and Capture,” the Invoice
button does not appear.
Before an invoice can be printed, the invoice must first be generated for the order. To view or
print the PDF, you must have a PDF reader. You can download Adobe Reader at no charge.
To invoice an order:
1. On the Admin menu, select Sales > Orders.
2. In the list, find the “Pending” order, and click to open the record.
3. If the items are ready to ship, you can create a packing slip for the shipment with the invoice.
To create a packing slip, do the following:
a. In the Shipping Information section, select the Create Shipment checkbox.
b. To include a tracking number, click the Add Tracking Number button and enter the
Carrier, Title, and Number.
4. To make a partial invoice scroll down to the Items to Invoice section, and enter the Qty to
Invoice for each item.
5. Under the Invoice History menu, in the Invoice Comments section, complete the comments as
needed. Then, in the Invoice Totals section, select the Append Comments checkbox to add the
comments to the invoice.
6. Select the Email Copy of Invoice checkbox to send a copy of the invoice to your customer.
7. Do one of the following:
- Click the Submit Invoice button to process the invoice and capture the sale.
- If your store requires that you ship before invoicing, click the Ship button, complete the
shipping information and submit the shipment. When that is complete, you can finish the