For products that allow configuration from the storefront, with prices that depend on a selected
option, (such as custom options, or simple products with their own SKUs and stock
management), the following logic is implemented:
- MAP is applied to the main price. The prices of options, bundle items, and associated
products (which add or subtract from the main price) appear normally.
- If a product does not have a main price, and its price is derived from the associated product
prices (such as in a grouped product), the MAP settings of the associated products are
- If a product in the cart has the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) specified, the
price is not crossed-out.
For other price settings, the following MAP logic is used:
- If tier pricing is set, the tier price appears according to the Display Actual Price setting.
- If a special price is set, it is considered to be the actual price for MAP.
In the order management and customer management tools, as well as in the reports sections of
the Admin, only the actual price appears.