Price navigation can be used to distribute products by price range in layered navigation. You
can also split each range in intervals. There are ways to calculate price navigation:
l Automatic (Equalize Price Ranges)
l Automatic (Equalize Product Counts)
With the first two methods, the navigation steps are calculated automatically. The manual
method lets you specify a division limit for price intervals. The following example shows the
difference between price navigation steps of 10 and 100.
Iterative splitting provides the best distribution of products among price ranges. With iterative
splitting, after a customer chooses to view the $0.00-$99 range, the customer can drill-down
through several sub-ranges of prices. Price-range splitting stops when the number of products
reaches the threshold set by the Interval Division Limit.
To configure price layered navigation:
1. On the Admin menu, select System > Configuration. Then in the panel on the left, under
Catalog, select Catalog.
2. In the upper-left corner, set Current Configuration Scope to the store view to be configured.
3. Click to expand the Layered Navigation section.
4. If you want to display the number of products in parentheses after each filtered item, set
Display Product Count to “Yes.”
5. Set Price Navigation Steps Calculation to one of the following methods:
Method 1: Automatic (equalize price ranges)
Set Price Navigation Steps Calculation to “Automatic (equalize price ranges.)” This setting
uses the existing price layered navigation algorithm, and is similar to the Automatic option in
earlier versions of Magento.