Product listings can be configured to appear by default as either a list or grid. You can also
determine how many products appear per page, and which attribute is used to sort the list.
Each product list has a set of page controls that can be used to sort the products, change the
format of the list, sort by attribute, and advance from one page to the next.
View As Displays the list in either a Grid or List format.
Sort By Changes the sort order of the list.
To configure product listings:
1. On the Admin menu, select System > Configuration. Then in the panel on the left, under
Catalog, select Catalog.
2. Click to expand the Frontend section.
3. Set the default List Mode to one of the following:
l Grid Only
l List Only
l Grid (default) / List
l List (default / Grid
Then, do the following:
a. In the Products per Page on Grid Allowed Values field, enter the number of products
that you want to appear per page when shown in grid format. To enter a selection of
values, separate each number by a comma.
b. In the Products per Page on Grid Default Value field, enter the default number of
products to appear in the grid per page.
c. In the Products per Page on List Allowed Values field, enter the number of products that
you want to appear per page when shown in list format. To enter a selection of values,
separate each number by a comma.
d. In the Products per page on List Default Value field, enter the default number of products
that appear in the list, per page.
4. To give customers the option to list all products, set Allow All Products on Page to “Yes.”
5. Set Product Listing Sorted by to the default attribute that is initially used to sort the list.
6. If using a flat catalog, do the following:
a. To display a flat category listing of products, set Use Flat Catalog Category to “Yes.”
b. To display a flat product listing, set Use Flat Catalog Product to “Yes.”
7. If you want to allow dynamic references to media assets in category and product URLs, set
Allow Dynamic Media URLs in Products and Categories to “Yes.”
8. When complete, click the Save Config button.