Setting Up Sales Email
A number of transactional email messages are triggered by events related to an order, and the
configuration is similar for each. You must identify the store contact that appears as the sender
of the message, the email template to be used, and who else is to receive a copy of the message.
Step 1: Update the Email Templates
Make sure that you have updated each email template configuration with your store logo, and
have made any other changes necessary to the content of each template to reflect your store
and brand. For a complete list of templates, see: Email Template Reference.
Step 2: Configure the Sales Emails
1. On the Admin menu, select System > Configuration.
2. In the panel on the left under Sales, select Sales Emails. Then, do the following:
3. Click to expand the Order section. Then, do the following:
a. Verify that Enabled is set to “Yes.”
b. Set New Order Confirmation Email to the store contact that appears as the sender of the
c. Set New Order Confirmation Template to the template that is used for the email that is
sent to registered customers.
d. Set New Order Confirmation Template for Guest to the template that is used for the
email that is sent to guests who do not have an account with your store.
e. In the Send Order Email Copy To field, enter the email address of anyone who is to
receive a copy of the new order email. If sending a copy to multiple recipients, separate
each address with a comma.
f. Set Send Order Email Copy Method to one of the following:
Bcc Sends a “blind courtesy copy” by including the recipient in the
header of the same email that is sent to the customer. The BCC
recipient is not visible to the customer.
Separate Email Sends the copy as a separate email.
4. Click to expand the Order Comments section, and repeat these steps.
5. Complete the configuration in a similar manner for the remaining sales emails:
- Credit Memo
6. When complete, click the Save Config button.