The PayPal Settlement report provides the store administrator with the information about each
transaction that affects the settlement of funds.
Before generating settlement reports, the store administrator must contact PayPal Merchant
Technical Services to create an SFTP user account, and enable settlement reports and SFTP for the
PayPal business account.
After configuring and enabling settlement reports in the PayPal merchant account, Magento
will start generating reports within twenty-four hours.
The store administrator can fetch the most recent settlement reports by clicking the Fetch
Updates button located in the upper right part of the page. After clicking it, a dialog box
appears, stating that the system will connect to the PayPal SFTP server to fetch the reports.
When all recent reports are added to the list, the Infolog message appears, stating the number
of reports fetched. The report includes the following additional information for each
To enable settlement reports:
1. On the Admin menu, select System > Configuration. Then in the panel on the left under Sales,
select Payment Methods.
2. Click the Configure button for one of the following PayPal solutions:
- PayPal Express Checkout
- PayPal Payments Advanced (includes Express Checkout)
- PayPal Payments Pro (includes Express Checkout)
3. Scroll down to the Settlement Report Settings section, and do the following:
a. Enter your SFTP Credentials.
b. Complete the remaining information according to your business requirements.
For detailed configuration instructions, see the topic for your PayPal solution.
c. When complete, click the Save Config button.
To view the settlement reports:
On the Admin menu, select Reports > Sales > PayPal Settlement Reports.