Step 1: Add a New Rule
1. On the Admin menu, select Promotions > Shopping Cart Price Rules. Then, click the Add
New Rule button.
The options in the panel on the left include Rule Information, Conditions, Actions, and Labels.
2. Under General Information, complete the Rule Name and Description. These fields are for
internal reference only.
3. If you want the rule to go into effect immediately, set Status to “Active.”
4. To establish the scope of the rule, do the following:
a. Select the Websites where the promotion is to be available.
b. Select the Customer Groups to which the promotion applies.
- To make the promotion available only to registered customers, do not select the
“NOT LOGGED IN” option.
- To select multiple options, hold down the Ctrl key (PC) or Command key (Mac), and
click each option.
5. To associate a coupon with the price rule, set Coupon to “Specific Coupon.” Then, do the
a. Enter a numeric Coupon Code that the customer must enter to receive the discount.
b. To set a limit on the number of times the coupon can be used, complete the following:
Uses per Coupon Determines how many times the coupon code can be used.
If there is no limit, leave the field blank.
Uses per Customer Determines how many times the coupon code can be used
by the same registered customer who belongs to any of the
selected customer groups. The setting does not apply to
guest shoppers who are members of the NOT LOGGED IN
customer group, or to customers who shop without logging
in to their accounts. If there is no limit, leave the field
6. To define the “good through” date range for the promotion, do the following:
a. Click the Calendar button next to the From Date field, and choose the first date. The
promotion will start at the beginning of that day.
b. Click the Calendar button next to the To Date field, and choose the last date. The
promotion will stop at the end of that day.
7. Enter a number to determine the Priority of this price rule in relation to the Action settings of
other price rules that might be active at the same time. (Number 1 has the highest priority.)
8. To apply the rule to published listings in RSS feeds, set Public In RSS Feed to “Yes.”