Step 1: Initiate the Order
Method 1: Create New Order from Existing Account
1. On the Admin menu, select Customers > Manage Customers.
2. Find the customer in the list and click to open the record.
3. Click the Create Order button.
4. To complete the order, do the following:
a. To add products from the Current Activities section, find the product in the list and select
the Add to Order checkbox. Then, click the Update Changes button.
b. To add products from the catalog, click the Add Products link. Then, select the checkbox
of each product to be added to the cart, and the Qty to be purchased.
c. If the product has multiple options, click the Configure button. Complete the options as
needed, and click the OK button. Then, click the Add Selected Product(s) to Order link to
update the cart.
d. To override the price of an item, select the Custom Price checkbox. Then, enter the new
price in the box below. Click the Update Items and Qty’s button to update the cart totals.
e. Complete the following sections, as needed for the order:
- Apply Coupon Codes
- Payment Method
- Shipping Method
f. In the Order Comments section, enter any comments that you want to accompany the
order. To include the comments in the email notification that is sent to the customer,
click the Order Comments button.
g. The Email Order Confirmation checkbox is selected by default. If you don’t want to send
an email confirmation to the customer, clear the checkbox.
5. When complete, click the Submit Order button
Method 2: Create New Order from Sales
1. On the Admin menu, select Sales > Orders.
2. Click the Create New Order button.
3. Do one of the following:
- For registered customers, find the customer in the list and click to open the record.
- For unregistered customers, click the Create New Customer button.
4. Complete the order information as you would if going through the checkout process .For a new
customer account, complete the following sections:
- Account Information
- Billing Address
- Shipping Address