Step 2: Add the New User
1. On the Admin menu, select System > Permissions > Users.
2. Click the Add New User button.
3. In the Account Information section, do the following:
a. Assign a User Name to the account.
The User Name should be easy to remember. It is not case-sensitive. For example, if your
user name is “john,” you can also log in as “John.”
b. Complete the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email address
c. Assign a Password to the account.
The password should be at least seven characters long, and include letters and numbers.
d. In the Password Confirmation field, type the password again to make sure it was entered
e. Set This Account is to “Active.”
4. In the User Information panel on the left, click User Role. Then, in the list of Roles, select the
option for the role you want to assign to the new user.
5. When complete, click the Save User button.
The REST API defines a set of functions that developers can use to perform requests and receive
responses. To learn more about REST permissions, see: Web Services.