Step 2: Complete the Basic Product Information
The basic set of required fields must be completed before the product record can be saved. The
Product Information panel groups related fields by topic and the required fields are marked
with a red asterisk (*).
1. In the Product Information panel, select General. Then, complete the required fields as follows:
a. Enter the product Name as you want it to appear in all catalog listings.
b. In the Description box, enter the main description that will appear on the Product Detail
c. Enter a Short Description of the product.d. Assign a unique SKU for the product.
e. Set Status to “Enabled.”
f. Set Visibility to “Catalog, Search.”
2. In the Product Information panel, select Prices. Then, complete the required fields as follows:
a. Enter the Price that you will charge for the product.
The price entered here becomes the base price of the download and is listed in the catalog
before the customers selects items for download. Any additional price that is associated
with an individual download is added to the base price.
b. Set Tax Class to the appropriate tax classification for the product.
3. In the Product Information panel, select Inventory. Then, do the following:
a. If you do not need to keep track of inventory for the product, set Manage Stock to “No.”
b. If you do need to keep track of inventory, set Manage Stock to “Yes.” Then, do the
- Set Manage Stock to “Yes.”
- In the Qty field, type the quantity of the item that is currently in stock.
- Set Stock Availability to “In Stock.”
4. In the Product Information panel, select Categories. Then, do the following:
a. In the category tree, click to expand the section where the item belongs.
b. Select the checkbox of each additional category where you want the product to appear.
5. To make the product available on multiple websites, it must be assigned to each one. (This
option appears only if you have multiple websites.) To configure the scope of the product, do
a. In the Product Information panel, select Websites.
b. Select the checkbox of each website where the product will be available for sale.
6. After completing these steps, click the Save and Continue Edit button.