Step 2: Complete the General Information
1. In the General Information section, do the following:
a. (Required) Type the Name of the category.
b. (Required) To enable the category, set Is Active to “Yes.”
c. You can enter a URL Key for the category, or let the system automatically create one that
is based on the category name.
2. If supported by your theme, you can display a Thumbnail image in the main menu for each
category. Click the Choose File button and select the image to upload.
3. In the Description box, enter a paragraph or two of descriptive text for the category landing
4. To display an Image at the top of the category landing page, click the Choose File button and
select the image to upload.
5. Complete the category meta data:
- Page Title
- Meta Keywords
- Meta Description
6. (Required) To include the category in the main menu, set Include in Navigation Menu to “Yes.”
7. Click the Save Category button. Then, take note of the following:
- The new category now appears in the tree. If it’s not in the correct position, you can drag it
to another location in the tree.
- In addition to the category name, it has an ID number shown in parentheses, just after the
name at the top of the page.
- A URL Key that is based on the category name can be automatically generated for the