Step 3: Create the Configurable Product
1. On the Admin menu, select Catalog > Manage Products. Then, click the Add Product button.
2. In the Create Product Settings section, do the following:
a. Select the Attribute Set that you created for the product.
b. Set Product Type to “Configurable Product,” and click the Continue button.
3. In the Select Configurable Attributes section, select the checkbox of each attribute that you
want to include in the product. Then, click the Continue button.
4. Complete the Product Information as you would for a simple product, with the exception of the
- On the Prices tab, the Price is a required field, but is used as a default price. The price of
each individual associated product can be adjusted accordingly.
- On the Inventory tab, Manage Stock is set to “No” by default, because inventory is managed
by each associated product.
5. When complete, click the Save and Continue Edit button.