To configure price layered navigation:
1. On the Admin menu, select System > Configuration. Then in the panel on the left, under
Catalog, select Catalog.
2. In the upper-left corner, set Current Configuration Scope to the store view to be configured.
3. Click to expand the Layered Navigation section.
4. If you want to display the number of products in parentheses after each filtered item, set
Display Product Count to “Yes.”
5. Set Price Navigation Steps Calculation to one of the following methods:
Method 1: Automatic (equalize price ranges)
Set Price Navigation Steps Calculation to “Automatic (equalize price ranges.)” This setting
uses the existing price layered navigation algorithm, and is similar to the Automatic option in
earlier versions of Magento.
Method 2: Automatic (equalize product counts)
1. Set Price Navigation Steps Calculation to “Automatic (equalize product counts).”
2. Set Display Price Interval as One Price to “Yes” if you want to display a single price when
multiple products with the same price.
3. In the Interval Division Limit field, enter the threshold for a number of products within a
price range. The range cannot be further split beyond this limit., The default value is 9.
Method 3: Manual
1. Set Price Navigation Steps Calculation to “Manual.”
2. Enter a value to determine the Default Price Navigation Step.
3. Enter the Maximum Number of Price Intervals allowed, up to 100.
6. When complete, click the Save Config button.