Update a Shopping Cart
To begin an assisted shopping session, the customer must be logged into the account
dashboard, so that the information is available. If the customer doesn’t have an account, you
can create one. What service!
To offer assisted shopping:
1. On the Admin menu, select Customers > Online Customers.
2. In the list, click to open the customer record in edit mode.
When the customer record opens, the first thing you’ll notice is that the Last Logged In value
3. In the panel on the left, select Shopping Cart. Then, click the Manage Shopping Cart button
to enter assisted shopping mode.
To apply a coupon code:
1. In the Apply Coupon Code section, enter the Code.
2. Click the Apply button.
To adjust the quantity ordered:
1. In the Qty column of the product to be adjusted, enter the correct amount.
2. Click the Update Items and Qty’s button.
To add products to the shopping cart:
1. Click to expand the Products section. In the Qty to Add column, enter the quantity of the
product the customer wants to order.
2. If the product is configurable, click the Configure link. Then, select the options the customer
wants, and click the OK button.
To transfer products from a wishlist:
1. Click to expand the Wishlist section.
2. By default, it is set to transfer all items in the wishlist. If there are multiple items, select the
checkbox of the items that you do not want to transfer, and set Qty to Add to 0.
Customer service reps can remove items from a cart by setting the quantity to 0 and updating the
cart. However, only the customer can move items from the cart to the wishlist or to the product
3. Follow the same procedure to add items from the remaining sections:
- Products in Comparison List
- Recently Compared Products
- Recently Viewed Products
- Last ordered items
4. When complete, click the Add Selected Products to the Shopping Cart button.
5. Ask the customer to press F5 to refresh the page, so the products appear in the cart.
At this point, the customer can continue shopping and checkout unassisted, or have the
customer service representative create the order.
6. To create an order, click the Create Order button, and follow the normal process to complete
the order for the customer.